We are looking for a dynamic customer service oriented Medical Assistant to join our growing practice.This is a very fast-paced environment. High Energy, Organized, Highly Pleasant – Personal.Candidate must be well-organized, detail-oriented, motivated, and have excellent communication skills. Punctuality & Strong attendance is a must. He/she must be able to work under pressure and work well with others. He/she must have the willingness and ambition to learn and take on a variety of responsibilities
In This Role You Will:
- Perform selected nursing and administrative duties.
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment.
- Take patient histories and vital signs.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Administer injections and apply dressings as instructed.
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Assist physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and exams.
- Work closely with the physician to receive guidance and instruction for treating patients.
- Perform direct patient care as instructed by the physician.
- Maintain equipment for use at all times, in a clean and safe condition.
- Complete appropriate documentation on all patients examined.
- Maintain appropriate communication and good interpersonal skills with Supervisors, staff, and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high-quality service.
- Perform Drug Screens, Breath Alcohol Tests, Pulmonary Functions Tests, Mask Fit Tests, Blood work, and other ancillary tests as directed.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying the provider of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining the confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: One year experience required. Workers Comp Experience a plus