Maintain and ensure that all physical/ drug screen results, as well as all other service results, are delivered to their respective contact within 24-48 hours of the services being completed. Greet, instruct, direct and schedule patients and visitors. Process patients through the electronic medical system. Answer phone lines and act as a liaison between patient, clients, and medical staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and report all patient physical, drug screens, BAT and all other service results to the respective contact within 24-48 hours. Reporting of results can consist of calling, mailing, and/or faxing.
- Review the physical paperwork and employer protocol to ensure all customer services have been properly completed..
- Answer telephones, screen, and direct calls, take messages and provide information.
- Ensure customer requirements for visits are properly followed and highlighted. Highlight those instructions for the physician/ MA.
- Maintain work area neat and orderly manner.
- Follow office scheduling policies.
- Utilize formal channels of communication to report concerns, personal requests, and patient issues.
- Respect patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Maintain an orderly and professional working atmosphere.
- Report to work properly dressed according to the approved dress code.
- Adhere to guidelines concerning working hours and break periods.
- Understand and follow department’s organizational policies and procedures.
- Meet deadlines for work assignments and inform work status and progress to supervisor.
- Communicate and cordially work with other staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and a high quality of service is provided.
- Filing of charts.
- Perform related work as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent telephone manners and etiquette.
- Computer and typing or word processing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to pleasantly interact with patients, clients, payors and co-workers.
- Desire to meet and exceed client and patient needs and expectations.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written directions in English.
- Ability to complete assigned projects and meet deadlines.
- Sufficient knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling to correctly enter patient information into the computer.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly in alphabetical or numerical systems.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to use correct body mechanics in order to avoid repetitive motion and other injuries related to office work.
- Knowledge of company programs, services and resources available to patients and clients to fulfill the objective of the position and the department.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: One year experience required. Workers Comp Experience a plus