Supports physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment area, patient, equipment, and materials; performing procedures, under the supervision of a physical therapist.
Physical Therapist Aide Job Duties:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting a patient into physical therapy apparel or apertures.
- Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests; allaying fears.
- Helps treat patients by applying heat packs; paraffin dips; assisting patients into whirlpool; helping patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking walking time and distance; measuring mobility; performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques.
- Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to the treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access; positioning the patient on equipment.
- Ensures operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instruction; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Scheduling of patients and administrative duties associated with physical therapy department.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: One year experience required. Workers Comp Experience a plus